Thanks for your interest in my resume, but this page is outdated. Please see the following link for a fresh copy of my resume:
——————————————– old resume below ——————————————–
- Crafted long-range information technology plan for global industrial services and publishing company. Plan execution reduced time and cost required to produce monthly publications, eliminated virus threat, and drastically improved network reliability. Promoted to Director of Information Technology.
- As sole Sales Engineer, supported six geographically dispersed account executives, made CxO level presentations and handled simultaneous enterprise-level hosting customers. Helped secure high-dollar monthly revenue contracts. Appointed as team leader and nominated for performance excellence award.
- Reduced telecom product ambiguity and shortened learning curve through white-paper initiative.
- Reduced liquid-pipeline manual publication costs by $50,000 per year by championing & converting paper-based library to secure online version.
- Reduced turn-around time by 90% and increased accuracy for online credit card reporting.
- Co-founded Gentry Photography, crafted business plan, built and priced product and service portfolio. Dramatically increased sales through tradeshows, extensive networking and search-engine optimization. Advertise on Google, Yahoo, and MSN AdCenter to drive traffic to www.gentryfoto.com.
- Honed communication and presentation skills by teaching classes at the University of Phoenix.
Enterprise Operations Analyst (Rehire)
Williams Energy, Tulsa, OK November, 2006 – Present
Function as key team member managing operational relationship between Williams and outsourcing partner, IBM.
- Identified nearly $200,000 of yearly cost savings opportunities of Microsoft Exchange messaging environment. Conducted in-depth study of current environment and built comprehensive cost model to determine benefits of in-house vs various outsourcing scenarios. Study detailed all aspects of messaging including servers, business continuity, archiving, and sanitization.
- Participated on high-profile team to build Disaster Recovery data center. Functioned as EMC RecoverPoint reference.
- Serve as Williams Critical Situation Manager for high-profile problems and outages.
- Reduced managed data volume and increased speed of nightly TSM backup process by initiating and coordinating various projects, including implementing LTO4 tape drives and ensuring all servers are in proper retention classes.
- Crafted server decommissioning process which bridged the functional and political gaps between Williams internal IT and outsourcing provider.
Product Manager (Web Hosting, Branded Email, Collocation, Hosted Exchange, Dial Internet)
McLeodUSA Telecommunications, Tulsa, OK November, 2004 – November, 2006
Owned end-to-end life cycle of Internet & Data product suites. Due to uniqueness of product set within company, I often served in many non-product management roles including pre-sales engineer, technical account manager, evangelist and trainer. Served as single point of contact and made daily time-sensitive decisions for all activity involving responsible products. Led and participated on various initiatives, including:
- Managed inventory and sales process of over 100 collocation data centers.
- Increased monthly sales of Hosted Exchange product 300% by benchmarking competitors, redefining standard packages, targeting key markets, and training McLeod’s vast sales force.
- Earned “Star Quality” certification for product & process knowledge and customer service.
- Functioned as contact point for select strategic customers.
- Served as search-engine optimization SME on web site redesign project.
- Led complex project to sell McLeod’s 12,000 dial internet subscribers to another provider.
Director of Information Technology
Noria Corporation, Tulsa, OK March, 2003 – November, 2004
Responsible for day-to-day operations and long-range planning of all IT functions. Notable successes include:
- Drastically reduced potential data loss by implementing Noria’s first comprehensive data backup strategy using Veritas Backup Exec, automated tape libraries, and removable mass storage.
- Reduced server downtime 99% by upgrading server farm from NT to Windows 2003 and implementing Active Directory, Microsoft DNS, and Exchange 2003.
- Standardized desktop hardware configuration and software image.
- Secured budget and overhauled LAN/WAN networks, implemented remote VPN.
- Eliminated 100% of inbound viruses by implementing comprehensive virus and spam abatement program.
- Implemented technology and workflow process to publish two magazines to digital editions.
- Planned and managed project to expand voice and data infrastructure to two-building campus.
- Avoided costly infrastructure upgrades by negotiating offsite collocation agreement.
Williams Communications, Tulsa, OK (Two roles from 2000 – 2002)
1. Sales Engineer Team Lead; Vyvx Managed Web and Application Hosting
Generated web and application hosting revenue through technical pre-sales activities. Activities included:
- Meeting with customers and presenting product & service technical portfolio
- Articulating product value proposition
- Facilitating requirements gathering sessions with customer stakeholders
- Driving overall architecture and design process with internal parties
- Presenting final solution to customer decision makers
- Conceptualized and implemented new services to meet customer demands, including: data security solutions; usage analysis tools; and variable bandwidth pricing. Teamed with engineering to craft “one-off” remote data backup proposal for a national radio corporation. Nominated for performance excellence award.
2. Telecommunications Sales Engineer – IP Business Unit Liaison; Williams Network
Participated in all technical pre-sales activity for the IP Network. Engaged with potential customers, translated requirements into a viable Williams Network solution, and presented the final design to decision makers. Served as an interface between sales, product development, and the remaining sales engineers to ensure a single, coherent message was presented to customers. Worked with IP marketing group to ensure future products aligned with customer requirements. Reduced product ambiguity and shortened learning time for new sales engineers by initiating technical document concept.
Williams Energy Services/MAPCO Inc, Tulsa, OK (Various roles from 1995 to 2000)
1. Electronic Commerce Infrastructure Team Leader 1999 – 2000
Increased Linux and Windows NT/2000 server reliability 75% by implementing application deployment policies and crafting service level agreements. Built and maintained company’s ecommerce infrastructure, deployed BMC Patrol monitoring tools, and worked with end-users to establish long and short-term needs. Installed, ensured availability, and hardened security of Microsoft IIS, Lotus Domino, and Apache web servers.
2. Electronic Commerce Analyst/Developer & Internet Project Manager 1996 – 1999
Coordinated, led, and participated on various Internet/Extranet projects:
- Reduced publication costs by $50,000 per year by converting paper-based pipeline manuals to secure extranet solution. Designed online work-flow process to publish updates via Lotus Notes.
- Improved transaction report accuracy and reduced turn-around time 90% by championing and developing browser-based credit card reporting system for fleet management business unit. Utilized Lotus Enterprise Integrator (LEI) to siphon nightly data from Oracle databases.
- Significantly reduced time and complexity to update corporate web content. Utilizing secure distributed authoring and workflow, non-technical employees published press releases and posted job openings directly to the Internet without routing requests through a technical “webmaster.”
3. Systems Administrator and Engineer 1995 – 1996
- Evaluated Microsoft Mail, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus cc:Mail, and Lotus Notes. Migrated company from DaVinci email system to Lotus Notes.
- Cut operating costs and increased server uptime by consolidating 24 Novell NetWare servers to 10 and centralizing administration to a single contact Help Desk. Created procedures for datacenter and helpdesk.
- Planned and implemented company’s first Microsoft Windows NT environment, enterprise backup solution and installed system monitoring tools.
Master of Science in Telecommunications Management 2000
Oklahoma State University at Tulsa — Tulsa, Oklahoma
Masters Practicum in Knowledge Management and Corporate Collaboration
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science 1994
Oklahoma State University — Stillwater, Oklahoma
Technical Skills Addendum
Data Security, Telecommunications, Hosting, xSP, and Storage markets; Digital media systems; Collaboration, On-line Training, and Knowledge Management enablement
All desktop and server versions of Microsoft Windows released since 1990 including Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Media Center 2005, Windows XP, Windows 2000 Server and Professional, Windows NT, Windows 95/98, and Windows Mobile 2003; Novell NetWare; MacOS Classic and X; Linux (RedHat, SuSE, and Mandrake); Unix
Many back-office and desktop packages including Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes/Domino/Designer, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Distiller, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, Symantec Veritas BackupExec, McAfee GroupShield and SpamKiller for Exchange, HTML Authoring Tools, Video & Audio Editing Tools, WordPress
Hardware Systems and Networking Protocols:
WatchGuard Firebox Firewall and IPsec VPN appliance, Cisco and 3COM LAN/WAN switches, DSL routers, Cable modems, HP/Compaq G2 and G3 Proliant servers with disk array controllers, Dell Servers, Automatic Tape Library Robots, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, SMTP, POP3